Thursday, July 10, 2008

Artist Statement



Most of the work in these collections were created during my years at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design where I majored in Illustration. Drawing and Painting are ways I can investigate reality, analyze the perfect from the imperfect and distinguish the mundane from the mysterious. I see the human figure as a body of art and enjoy capturing the different textures and shapes that it presents. Similar to the human figure, I find nature as a source of inspiration. Nature offers a wide variety of lines, curves and wonderful textures and colors I can explore and capture. When sketching, I pay close attention to detail but when I’m painting, I feel I’m free to enthusiastically play with colors, hues, and tones. My goal as an illustrative artist is not just to accurately depict, but to express something that will conjure up fond memories for my viewers, be it a special place, that significant other or simply a particular moment in their time.

1 comment:

Kostina&Kristi said...

Your pictures were amazing. I feel like I am inside them when I watch them.
Congratulations, you will be a great artist.
Remember us when you become famous.
Greetings from Kostina&Kristi